Network Security Engineers implement, maintain and integrate the corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture.
This position will perform a combination of security design and implementation work, as well as security testing and implementation of new products or enhancements to current products. This position will also conduct client penetration and vulnerability testing and reporting. This position is responsible for the support of the production environment which ensures the appropriate security policies and practices are implemented and enforced.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
- Creating different ways to solve
the existingthreats and security issues.
- Configuring and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Testing and checking the system for weaknesses in software and hardware.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
virusand threat detection systems.
- Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.
- Investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations.
latesttechnologies and processes that improve the overall security of the system.
- Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security level of the firm.
- Developing tracking documents to note system vulnerabilities.
- Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
- Supervising the configuration and installation of new software and hardware.
- Implementing regulatory systems in accordance with IT security.
- Informing the company about
the securityincidents as soon as possible.
- Modifying the technical, legal, and regulatory aspects of the system security.
- Defining and maintaining security policies.
- Occasionally replacing the security system protocol and architecture.
- Maintaining switches and servers.
- Proven work experience as a network security engineer or information security engineer.
- Experience in creating and maintaining security systems.
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Understanding of the web-related terminologies and software such as web applications, web related protocols, service-oriented architectures, and web services.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Ability to communicate and report network security incidents and issues to the upper management.
- Ability to define and implement the results of malicious code, mobile code, and anti-virus software.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods.
- Network engineer certifications such as CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC Security Certifications.
- You have a passion for information security and love to keep up-to-date with the latest threats, hacking techniques
- You have 3+ years’ experience in information security
- You have a good understanding of TCP/IP protocols and
security relatedconcepts, e.g. cryptography and authentication protocols
- You have knowledge of some of the following tools and areas: intrusion detection, firewalls, load balancers, anti-
ddossystems, endpoint protection, network access control, SIEM, identity and access management, vulnerability management, application security, incident response.
- You are willing to compromise when it’s necessary and hold firm when it’s essential.
- You have good English communication skills
- You are ready to be available on-call one week per month.
- Security industry certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, CCSP, vendor-related certifications, etc.
- Experience with security in Amazon Web Services
- Skills to automate your tasks, ideally using Python
Inclusion & Diversity
Our Inclusion & Diversity strategy aims to break down all barriers and eliminate prejudice. We are committed to providing an accessible, inclusive, open and welcoming workplace environment for people with different abilities, backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientation, gender identity, needs
For information on our Privacy Protection Safeguards art. 13 L.679/2016 (GDPR) go to https://www.nobelcaptain.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €30,000.00 to €35,000.00 /year